Emotional safety is essential in our relationships with others. How do you know if you’re emotionally safe in a relationship?
- You can talk to your partner about emotional subjects without worrying about how they’ll react.
- Your concerns are taken seriously by your partner.
- A partner doesn’t use things you’ve told them in confidence against you.
- Your partner doesn’t share things you’ve told them in confidence without your permission.
- You can tell your partner about something that they’ve said/done that has upset you without them becoming angry or upset with you.
Emotional safety is just one component of relationship safety. Stay tuned for additional safety in intimate relationships information!