https://truenorththerapylouisville.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/harli-marten-M9jrKDXOQoU-unsplash.jpg 667 1000 Jennifer Kendrick https://truenorththerapylouisville.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/True_North_Logo_2022-1-1-277x300.png Jennifer Kendrick2021-04-01 14:34:042021-04-01 14:34:04Safety in Intimate Relationships: Intellectual safety
Safety in Intimate Relationships: Intellectual safety
This is the third in a multi-part series on Safety in Intimate Relationships. (Check out the previous blogs on Emotional Safety and Physical Safety!) When I have conversations with people about safety in intimate relationships, often the only thing that comes to mind is physical safety. However, safety encompasses more than that. Here are some signs of intellectual safety in a relationship:
- You have similar interests and hobbies, or can appreciate one another’s hobbies.
- Your thoughts and interests can be shared with your partner without fear of ridicule.
- Mutually satisfying resolutions to conflict can be found.
- You feel supported in your goals and dreams for your life.
- You can communicate openly and truthfully.
Safety in relationships is worth prioritizing!
Note: If you are feeling unsafe in your relationship, please reach out to The Domestic Violence Hotline or your local domestic violence organization. You deserve to be safe in your relationships.