https://truenorththerapylouisville.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/marcus-byrne-_hV1XwjfrN4-unsplash-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 Jennifer Kendrick https://truenorththerapylouisville.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/True_North_Logo_2022-1-1-277x300.png Jennifer Kendrick2021-03-25 16:05:092022-07-27 14:07:18Safety in Intimate Relationships: Emotional Safety
Safety in Intimate Relationships: Emotional Safety
Emotional safety is essential in our relationships with others. How do you know if you’re emotionally safe in a relationship?
- You can talk to your partner about emotional subjects without worrying about how they’ll react.
- Your concerns are taken seriously by your partner.
- A partner doesn’t use things you’ve told them in confidence against you.
- Your partner doesn’t share things you’ve told them in confidence without your permission.
- You can tell your partner about something that they’ve said/done that has upset you without them becoming angry or upset with you.
Emotional safety is just one component of relationship safety. Stay tuned for additional safety in intimate relationships information!
Note: If you are feeling unsafe in your relationship, please reach out to The Domestic Violence Hotline or your local domestic violence organization. You deserve to be safe in your relationships.